Aah Melbourne, what a beautiful city. I’ve missed being in Melbourne, more than I could explain. For the past 5 weeks I’ve been spending time with my mum and best friends who I have missed like you wouldn’t believe, I’ve been catching up with friends who I haven’t seen in years, some before I left for Sydney the first time, and some even before that.
I always feel at home when I come back to Melbourne, it’s as if nothing has changed. Apart from the cosmetics, everything else is the same. The vibe, the atmosphere, the people and that’s why I’ll come keeping back. Also the food and coffee, Melbourne has some great eating spots, coffee pots and drinking holes.
It’s been almost a year since I spent a good week or two in Melbourne. So spending 5 weeks has been nothing short of amazing. It’s still not enough to catch up with everyone; some people getting lucky to see me more than once but on my next visit, hopefully I’ll be able to catch up with more friends.
So to everyone who I got to see while I was there, thank you for taking time out to come eat with me and put on an extra 5kgs on top of whatever Christmas and New Years weight we put on. Thank you for still being you, and allowing me to be the same ole me.
To those who I didn’t get to see, I’m sorry and please forgive me. Clearly 5 weeks is not enough (I did work 3 out of those 5, so it’s been a little hard to fit everyone in,) but there’s always next time. Maybe March? I’ll let you know.
In the interim, I have left you but I still love you. Keep in touch folks, and if you’re in Sydney hit me up, via whatever social media app we’re connected through if you haven’t got my digits.
Meep! You know what that means? A WHOLE LOT OF ALCOHOL!!!
Just kidding! More like a whole lot of FOOD!!!
I have a jam packed couple of weeks, a number of birthday dinners, including Le Dîner en Blanc which is on my actual birthday date, and of course a joint birthday dinner with a November birthday buddy. So if you want to keep up with my antics, follow me:
Instagram : (@kdb__)
Snapchat : (mskdb)
Sometimes, I’m selective with whom I give my time to.
Sometimes I give my time to no one.
It’s nothing serious, it’s nothing personal.
So just leave me be.
- What Zodiac do you belong to?
- If you could learn any language fluently, what would it be?
- Tagalog (Because I really should know it!) but also Spanish, or French.
- What talents do you have?
- I’m a woman of many talents.
- What type of music do you like?
- I enjoy listening to many types.
- What phrase do you use the most?
- What was your best subject in school?
- What song do you play the most on your iPod?
- At the moment, “Moving on” by Ta-Ku Beats
- What is the one physical feature that you get complimented on most often?
- Oh that’s a hard one. Probably my eyes or lips.
- What is your favorite book?
- I have a few favourites, so don’t make me pick one!
- How do you manage stress?
- I don’t… stress manages me! Joking. I don’t really do much to manage it, I just try and move past it.
- What is your favorite sundae topping?
- Why are you making me choose?
- How superstitious are you?
- What football team do you support?
- What’s your longest relationship?
- Almost 7 and a half years.
- Do you want to get married?
- Maybe, if the right person comes along and we feel that it’s something we both want, with each other.
- What is your biggest regret in life?
- Are you a good liar?
- Are you religious?
- Do you get along with your parents?
- My mum? Absolutely. My dad? Never met him.
- What would you name your autobiography?
- I think it’d be something inappropriate.
- Do you like to sing in the shower?
- What is the worst relationship you have ever been in?
- My last one. It was the most recent one and it was the longest one… so I can’t really compare any other relationship to it. But I wouldn’t say it was the worst.
- What is the one food that you would never give up?
- What have been the most important decisions in your life?
- Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
- If you had one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
- Weaksauce! Hahah for the moment anyway!
- What’s the most unusual conversation you’ve ever had?
- I have had MANY unusual conversations…
- What’s your favorite quote/saying?
- Are you proud of yourself?
- Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?
- Are you reliable?
- What is your least favorite word?
- Have you ever taken responsibility for someone else’s mistake? What was it for?
- An ex-boyfriend’s speeding ticket.
- What’s the strangest talent you have?
- Which shoe do you put on first, left or right?
- I don’t really think about it. I’m usually concentrating on getting the right shoe on the right foot so sometimes it varies.
- What adjectives best describe you?
- There are far too many to choose from! (That comment can work against me or in my favour!)
- What’s your first reaction when faced with a crisis?
- Has anyone told you his/her deepest secret? Have you kept it well?
- I have kept many deep secrets.
- What is your favorite midnight snack?
- When was the most peaceful day you have had?
- What is the last thing you took a picture of?
- Sneaky picture of a waiter to show my friends! He looked like “Creepy Thin Man” from “Charlie’s Angels”!
- As a kid, were you ever frightened of a monster under the bed or in the cupboard?
- What is your all time funniest prank?
- What has been your worst haircut/style?
- A bowl cut when I was younger lol.
- What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
- Uhhh… I stacked after clearing a puddle.
- What was the thing you mostly got grounded for?
- I didn’t really get grounded as a kid.
- Has anyone written a poem/song about you?
- Yeah an ex used to write poems about me.
- How did falling in love for the first time feel like?
- I don’t remember, it was so long ago.
- Who have been your closest friends in life?
- I have quite a few…
- My mum of course
- Jessica & Clare, my two best friends
- Girls that I worked with when I first moved to Sydney.
Well that was random! I hope you enjoyed reading that as much as I enjoyed filling it out…NOT! Hehe!
It’s now been a few months since my last entry. Since then, I’ve moved into my new role at work and met all the new (and old) faces that I’ll be working with too. When I say old, I mean faces I had known back when I was still working at VHA in Melbourne. Familiar faces are always comforting but it’s not hard for me to build relationships with new people.
Netball has been good so far and I’m really keen to play in the summer but we’ll have to see how I go; since it’s played midweek I need to consider restrictions that may hinder my ability to get to the courts on time. As I’m in North Sydney midweek. I will already be halfway towards Curl Curl so it may be doable.
Still no Jim… I mean gym. My excuse? It’s too cold! Hahah uh… I’ll eventually go. (Yup, I’ll just keep telling myself that!)
I’ve still stayed low key and I’ve been hanging out with friends when I can. One non-low key event was the squad heading up to Melbourne last weekend. It was a surprise 30th birthday gift to a friend and was filled with fun, laughter and lots of alcohol. It would have been good to stay a little longer but unfortunately we had only planned for a short stay. I am hopinig to make an appearance in Melbourne again before the end of the year.
We have another non-low key event and that’s part two of a friend’s birthday. It’ll be her actual party which is this weekend; a cosplay party where I will be dressed as Katana from Suicide Squad. I’m, not buying the costume nor am I making it from scratch but I am putting it together myself. I’m really excited for this weekend; no doubt there will be plenty of alcohol, probably more than my liver will be able to handle but it’s a night of celebration so I’m going to celebrate big!
Apologies for anyone who receives a drunk text or phone call from me!
Until my next update, peace!
It’s been a while since I posted, so I figured I should at least write an update.
A fair bit has happened lately. The most important change in my life, is my job. I recently accepted an offer to join a different division in the company I currently work for. While there isn’t a big change in salary, the experience and knowledge that I set to gain from this role is more than enough in my opinion. When do I start? That is the burning question, and the answer is a pending one.
I’m back to netball again. But I’ll only be able to play during the winter season when the games are played during weekends. I enjoyed the summer season but Tuesday night games are just too hard to get to when I’m working nowhere near the courts.
Jim? I mean gym… What’s that? Hahah. Ugh. I should go. Membership to a 24/7 gym means no excuses. But no doubt I always find one.
Aside from the above, I’m pretty low key. I hang out often with my squad, as well as old work friends (and new ones too.) For the past two weeks, I’ve been house sitting for a good friend of mine (who is also an old work friend) while she has been overseas and I have to admit I loved it. Having an apartment all to myself meant I could get really, walk around naked and have sex everywhere. Joking!!! I did none of that, I promise. It was just nice to be on my own. I love where I live (with my two married housemates and their beautiful puppy) and I probably won’t move out any time soon (unless they want me to) but I value privacy and alone time. Since my last relationship I’ve really appreciated ‘me’ time and while I do get that at my own house, two weeks of ‘me’ time with a few catch ups with friends here and there was just bliss. Also it was half the distance to work so that was a bonus.
That’s pretty much it for now. I know I know, pretty boring. But hey, it’s an update. I’m trying to get back into writing but it’s proving to be a challenge when I don’t know what I want to write about these days. Until my next post, try not to miss me too much.